You may have seen my latest blog post where I expressed some concern about how things were going in my writing world. I’ve taken the time to figure some things out, and I feel like I’ve come up with a plan that will be productive, fun, and sustainable. Here are the most important updates…
New Publishing Schedule
I no longer have a set release date for the third Keltin Moore novel, though my goal is to have it published within a year from now. I’m also working on a separate novel intended for literary agents and traditional publishers, which should also be done within a year.
After several successful book-selling events, I’ve been able to save enough money to invest in the equipment necessary to record audio book versions of all of my published titles. This process will take some time, however, since I’ll have to do my recording at night after the twins go to sleep.
Blog and Mailing List
Many people know that I frequently struggle with any kind of nonfiction writing, which includes blog posts and newsletters. To conserve valuable time and focus on my strengths, I’m planning to do the following:
- Sending out a quarterly newsletter e-mail, rather than a monthly one
- Reducing my scheduled blog posts to once a month, rather than once a week
- Reserving most announcements and future updates for my mailing list and Facebook, while focusing on more meaningful content for my monthly blog features
Now that I have some higher quality recording equipment, I’m considering expanding my YouTube channel to include more fun and interesting content. I could do videos answering fan questions, giving bonus content to my stories, sharing writing tips, and maybe even some fun stuff involving the life of a writer and the stories in video games. Be sure to let me know if this is something you may be interested in!
- Keltin Moore 3 is still coming!
- Audio books are coming!
- Sign up for my quarterly newsletter for future updates
- Let me know what sort of things you may want to see on my YouTube channel