1. The fishbowl felt surprisingly heavy as I placed it over my head.
2. In all my years as an arborist, I never had a tree hug me back. Until today.
3. “Of course I can babysit your walrus,” I said with a forced smile.
4. It’s hard when anyone’s ex comes back for a visit. Mine came back as a zombie.
5. I doubt anyone will believe the fantastic adventure I had last summer, so I’ll tell you about the weekend I spent binge-watching Netflix instead.
6. I went to Australia to find myself. Unfortunately, it turned out I wasn’t there.
7. It wasn’t until my first concert that I found out I’d been blowing into the wrong end of my saxophone.
8. You don’t know me, and that probably won’t change by the time you’re done with this story.
9. It goes without saying that I also got a flat tire on the day that my house blew up.
10. The mongoose said this would happen.